Hinoki Land is a Japanese-themed landscape and building compound located in the remote northern Chiang Mai district of Chai Prakan. This new attraction has quickly gained popularity among tourists and locals alike due to its stunning architecture and beautiful gardens. The main attraction is a visually striking four-level wooden building that dominates the site, providing a picturesque backdrop for visitors to take photos.
Visitors to Hinoki Land will feel like they have been transported to Japan, with the architectural designs patterned after traditional Japanese structures. The compound is surrounded by lush greenery and offers breathtaking views of the nearby mountains. The atmosphere is peaceful and serene, making it the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
For those seeking an immersive experience, Hinoki Land offers traditional Japanese cosplay props for rent, including kimonos for THB 350 (US$11) each. Visitors can take photos in the costumes and feel like they have been transported back in time to ancient Japan. With its stunning architecture and beautiful gardens, Hinoki Land is a must-visit destination for anyone visiting Chiang Mai.
Hinoki Land is located in the remote northern Chiang Mai district of Chai Prakan, approximately two and a half hours away from Chiang Mai City by car. The park is nestled in the hills and surrounded by lush greenery, creating a serene and peaceful atmosphere.
Visitors can enjoy stunning views of the mountains and lake while exploring the Japanese-themed landscape and buildings. The park is situated on a large property that includes a four-level wooden building, gardens, and a lake.
While the remote location may make it difficult to reach, many visitors find that the journey is well worth it for the unique and picturesque experience that Hinoki Land offers.
It is recommended to rent a car or hire a driver to reach Hinoki Land, as public transportation options are limited. Additionally, visitors should be prepared for a steep and winding drive up to the park.
Once at Hinoki Land, visitors can enjoy a variety of activities, including exploring the gardens, taking photos of the stunning architecture, and enjoying a peaceful picnic by the lake. The park is open daily from 8am to 5pm and admission fees apply.
Overall, Hinoki Land is a hidden gem in the Chiang Mai area that offers a unique and memorable experience for those willing to make the journey.
Hinoki Land is a Japanese-themed park located in the Chai Prakan district of Chiang Mai, Thailand. The park was built to promote Japanese culture and architecture in Thailand. It was opened in 2018 and has since become a popular tourist destination for both locals and foreigners.
The park features a variety of Japanese-style buildings, including a four-level wooden building that dominates the site. The building is made of hinoki wood, which is a type of cypress tree that is native to Japan. The wood is known for its durability and resistance to decay, making it a popular building material in Japan.
In addition to the buildings, the park also features a large pond, a Japanese garden, and a variety of trees and plants that are native to Japan. Visitors can enjoy a peaceful stroll through the garden or relax by the pond while taking in the beautiful scenery.
The park was designed and built by a team of Japanese architects and landscapers, who were brought in specifically for the project. The team worked closely with local craftsmen and builders to ensure that the park was built to the highest standards of quality and authenticity.
Overall, Hinoki Land is a unique and beautiful park that offers visitors a chance to experience Japanese culture and architecture in the heart of Thailand. Whether you are a fan of Japanese culture or simply looking for a peaceful and relaxing place to visit, Hinoki Land is definitely worth a visit.
Hinoki Land offers a variety of attractions that are sure to delight visitors of all ages. Here are some of the highlights:
- Hinoki Train – Take a ride on this charming train that winds its way through the park. The train is modeled after a traditional Japanese steam locomotive and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Sakura Avenue – This beautiful avenue is lined with over 1,000 cherry blossom trees that bloom in the spring. Visitors can stroll down the avenue and take in the breathtaking scenery.
- Japanese Garden – This tranquil garden features a pond, a waterfall, and a variety of plants and flowers. Visitors can relax and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- Hinoki Tower – This tower offers panoramic views of the park and the surrounding mountains. Visitors can take an elevator to the top and enjoy the stunning scenery.
- Onsen – This hot spring offers a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Visitors can soak in the warm water and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
These are just a few of the many attractions that Hinoki Land has to offer. Visitors are sure to find something that appeals to them and makes their visit unforgettable.
Hinoki Land offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Japanese Tea Ceremony: Visitors can participate in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony at Hinoki Land. The ceremony is conducted by a tea master and includes a demonstration of the proper way to prepare and serve matcha tea.
- Bonsai Garden: The bonsai garden at Hinoki Land is home to over 100 bonsai trees. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll through the garden and admire the beautiful miniature trees.
- Kimono Rental: Visitors can rent a traditional Japanese kimono and take photos in the beautiful surroundings of Hinoki Land. The rental fee includes the kimono, accessories, and assistance with dressing.
- Japanese Archery: Visitors can try their hand at Japanese archery, also known as kyudo, at Hinoki Land. The activity is led by a trained instructor and includes a demonstration of proper form and technique.
- Tatami Room: Visitors can relax in a traditional Japanese tatami room at Hinoki Land. The room is furnished with low tables and cushions, and guests can enjoy a cup of tea or simply take in the peaceful surroundings.
These are just a few of the activities available at Hinoki Land. Visitors can also explore the park’s beautiful gardens, visit the on-site restaurant for a taste of Japanese cuisine, or browse the gift shop for souvenirs.
If you’re planning a trip to Hinoki Land in Chai Prakan, there are plenty of accommodations to choose from in the surrounding area. Here are some options:
|Distance from Hinoki Land
|Hinoki Hotel – ONSEN Chiang Mai
|Approximately 1 hour by car
|$50-$100 per night
|Phufa Waree Chiangmai Resort
|Approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes by car
|$30-$80 per night
|Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort & Spa
|Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes by car
|$150-$300 per night
Other options include guest houses, villas, and vacation rentals in the surrounding area. Keep in mind that some accommodations may require a bit of a drive to reach Hinoki Land, so plan accordingly.
If you’re looking to stay closer to the attraction, the Hinoki Hotel – ONSEN Chiang Mai is a great choice. This 4-star hotel is just a 9-minute walk from the Chiang Mai International Convention and Exhibition Center and offers free bikes, a fitness center, and a shared lounge. The hotel also has a sauna and room service available for guests.
Overall, there are plenty of accommodations to choose from in the area surrounding Hinoki Land, so you’re sure to find something that fits your budget and preferences.
If you’re planning to visit Hinoki Land, you’ll need to make your way to the Chai Prakan district in northern Chiang Mai. Here are some ways to get there:
- By Car: The easiest way to get to Hinoki Land is to rent a car or hire a driver. From Chiang Mai city, it takes about 2.5 hours to reach Hinoki Land by car. The road is winding and narrow, so be sure to drive carefully.
- By Bus: You can take a bus from Chiang Mai’s Arcade Bus Station to Chai Prakan. From there, you can hire a songthaew (a shared taxi) to take you to Hinoki Land. The journey takes about 3 hours in total.
- By Tour: There are several tour companies that offer day trips to Hinoki Land from Chiang Mai. These tours typically include transportation, admission, and a guide. Check with your hotel or a travel agency for more information.
Once you arrive at Hinoki Land, you’ll need to purchase a ticket to enter. The ticket price is THB 150 for adults and THB 80 for children. Kids under 120 cm can enter for free. The park is open from 8am to 5pm daily.
It’s worth noting that Hinoki Land is quite remote, so it’s a good idea to bring snacks and water with you. There are a few restaurants and cafes on site, but they can be quite crowded during peak hours. Also, be sure to wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking involved.
Visiting Hinoki Land is a must for anyone who loves Japanese culture and architecture. The park is a beautiful and peaceful place to spend a day with family or friends. You can enjoy the stunning scenery, relax in the hot springs, and learn about Japanese culture all in one place.
The entrance fee is reasonable, and there are plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Whether you want to take a stroll through the gardens or try your hand at making traditional Japanese crafts, there is something for everyone at Hinoki Land.
The park is located in the Chai Prakan district of Chiang Mai, which is known for its stunning natural beauty. If you have time, consider exploring the surrounding area and taking in some of the local sights and sounds.
Overall, Hinoki Land is a unique and memorable experience that is not to be missed. So if you’re planning a trip to Chiang Mai, be sure to add Hinoki Land to your itinerary!