If you’re an avid reader living in Thailand, you may be wondering where to find affordable books. Luckily, there are a few options available that offer discounted prices on books, including Half Price Books. This popular chain store has over 120 locations across the United States, but did you know they also have stores in Thailand?
Half Price Books is a great option for those looking for discounted books in Thailand. The stores offer a wide selection of new and used books, as well as textbooks, music, and movies. You can find a variety of genres, including fiction, non-fiction, and children’s books. Whether you’re looking for a bestseller or a classic novel, Half Price Books is worth checking out.
Bookstores in Bangkok
Bangkok is a great place to find half-priced books. Here are some of the best bookstores in Bangkok where you can find English books at discounted prices:
|Up to 50% off
|10% off for members
|Dasa Book Cafe
|Up to 50% off
Asia Books is a popular chain of bookstores in Bangkok that offers a wide selection of English books at discounted prices. They have multiple locations throughout the city, making it easy to find a store near you. You can find books on a variety of subjects, including fiction, non-fiction, travel, and more. They also offer discounts of up to 50% off on select titles.
Kinokuniya is another great option for finding half-priced books in Bangkok. Located in Siam Paragon, this bookstore offers a large selection of English books, including bestsellers, classics, and more. They also offer a membership card that gives you a 10% discount on books and a 5% discount on magazines. The membership costs 500 baht a year, but deals exclude non-book items, vouchers, rare books, and discounted items.
Dasa Book Cafe is a cozy bookstore located on Sukhumvit Road. They offer a wide selection of used books at discounted prices, including fiction, non-fiction, and more. You can find books on a variety of subjects, including travel, history, and more. They also have a small cafe where you can enjoy a cup of coffee while browsing their selection of books.
These are just a few of the best bookstores in Bangkok where you can find half-priced books. Whether you’re a book lover or just looking for a good deal, these bookstores are definitely worth checking out during your visit to Bangkok.
Bookstores in Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai is a book lover’s paradise, with a wide range of bookstores catering to different interests and budgets. From new releases to second-hand books, Chiang Mai has it all. Here are some of the best bookstores in Chiang Mai:
- Gecko Books: This is probably the most famous bookstore in Chiang Mai, and for good reason. Gecko Books has an extensive collection of new and used books, covering a wide range of genres. The store also offers a book exchange program, allowing customers to trade in their old books for new ones.
- The Lost Book Shop: This charming little bookstore is tucked away in a quiet alley in the heart of Chiang Mai’s old city. The Lost Book Shop specializes in second-hand books, with a focus on literature, travel, and history. The store also has a cozy reading nook where customers can relax and browse through their purchases.
- Backstreet Books: This small but well-stocked bookstore is located in the trendy Nimmanhaemin neighborhood. Backstreet Books offers a wide selection of new and used books, with a focus on fiction, non-fiction, and travel writing. The store also hosts regular book readings and author events.
These are just a few of the many bookstores in Chiang Mai. Whether you’re looking for a specific title or just browsing for something new to read, you’re sure to find something to suit your tastes in this book lover’s paradise.
If you prefer to shop for books online, there are several options available in Thailand. Here are a few popular online bookstores:
- SE-ED – SE-ED is a popular online bookstore in Thailand that offers a wide selection of books in both Thai and English. They offer free shipping for orders over 690 baht and have a loyalty program that rewards customers with points for every purchase.
- Kinokuniya – Kinokuniya is a Japanese bookstore chain that has a branch in Thailand. They offer a large selection of books in both Thai and English, as well as magazines, stationery, and other items. They offer free shipping for orders over 1,500 baht and have a membership program that offers discounts on books and magazines.
- Naiin – Naiin is an online bookstore that specializes in Thai books. They offer a wide selection of books in various categories, including literature, history, and travel. They offer free shipping for orders over 500 baht and have a loyalty program that rewards customers with points for every purchase.
These online bookstores offer a convenient way to shop for books from the comfort of your own home. However, keep in mind that shipping times may vary and it may take longer to receive your books compared to purchasing them in person.
Secondhand Book Markets
If you’re looking for a bargain, secondhand book markets are the perfect place to find half priced books in Thailand. Here are some of the best markets to check out:
Chatuchak Weekend Market
This famous market in Bangkok is a must-visit for any traveler. With over 15,000 stalls, you’re sure to find some great deals on secondhand books. You can find everything from classic novels to travel guides, and the prices are unbeatable. Just be prepared to haggle!
Tha Phae Gate Market, Chiang Mai
If you’re in Chiang Mai, head to the Tha Phae Gate Market to browse a wide selection of secondhand books. You’ll find everything from fiction to non-fiction, and the prices are very reasonable. This market is a great place to find unique titles that you might not find anywhere else.
Walking Street Market, Pattaya
The Walking Street Market in Pattaya is a great place to find half priced books in Thailand. You’ll find a good selection of secondhand books, including popular titles and hard-to-find gems. The prices are very reasonable, and the market is a great place to spend an evening browsing.
Overall, Thailand is a great place to find half priced books, and these markets are just a few of the many places to look. Whether you’re a book lover or just looking for a good deal, be sure to check out these markets on your next trip to Thailand.